Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 07.08.14 - Astronomers Craft 3-D Model of Doomed Star's Outburst
- Eta Carinae erupted in the 1800s, briefly becoming the night sky's second-brightest star. Now scientists have modeled the outburst's expanding cloud.
- 06.24.14 - NASA Launches Earth Science Challenges with OpenNEX Cloud Data
- NASA is launching two challenges to give the public an opportunity to create innovative ways to use data from the agency’s Earth science satellites. The challenges will use the Open NASA Earth Exchange (OpenNEX), a data, supercomputing, and knowledge platform.
- 06.13.14 - Seeking Reality in the Future of Aeronautical Simulation
- Will aircraft designers have the tools they need to design a future for aviation that is far different from today? This question is the subject of a report recently released by NASA called "CFD Vision 2030 Study: A Path to Revolutionary Computational Aerosciences."
- 06.02.14 – Case Study: NAS Tape-Based Solution To Manage and Store High-Volume Data
- This study on the mass storage and archiving systems at the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) facility looks specifically at NAS’s automated method of archiving data from disk to tape, which saves energy and space while still making data easily accessible to users. The Active Archive Alliance is a collaborative industry organization that explores new technologies for enabling reliable, online, and efficient access to archived data.
- 05.21.14 – Supercomputers Help Reveal the Sun's Hidden Mysteries
- Stunning new data from space-based observatories, combined with rapid advances in computing, are inspiring breakthroughs in space weather research.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS