Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 08.22.14 – NASA Picks Top Earth Data Challenge Ideas, Opens Call for Climate Apps
- NASA has selected four ideas from the public for innovative uses of climate projections and Earth-observing satellite data and also has announced a follow-on challenge to build climate applications.
- 08.20.14 – Ozone-Depleting Compound Persists, NASA Research Shows
- NASA research shows Earth's atmosphere contains an unexpectedly large amount of an ozone-depleting compound from an unknown source decades after the compound was banned worldwide. The study included results from the GEOS Chemistry Climate Model run at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 07.08.14 - Astronomers Craft 3-D Model of Doomed Star's Outburst
- Eta Carinae erupted in the 1800s, briefly becoming the night sky's second-brightest star. Now scientists have modeled the outburst's expanding cloud.
- 06.24.14 - NASA Launches Earth Science Challenges with OpenNEX Cloud Data
- NASA is launching two challenges to give the public an opportunity to create innovative ways to use data from the agency’s Earth science satellites. The challenges will use the Open NASA Earth Exchange (OpenNEX), a data, supercomputing, and knowledge platform.
- 06.13.14 - Seeking Reality in the Future of Aeronautical Simulation
- Will aircraft designers have the tools they need to design a future for aviation that is far different from today? This question is the subject of a report recently released by NASA called "CFD Vision 2030 Study: A Path to Revolutionary Computational Aerosciences."
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS