Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 06.29.15 - Computational Science and Data Visualization Take the Spotlight in New Solar Superstorms Documentary
- A 24-minute, high-resolution science documentary about the dynamics of the Sun features data-driven visualizations from science work done on NASA’s Pleiades and NCSA’s Blue Waters supercomputers.
- 06.25.15 - New NASA Supercomputer Model Shows Planet Making Waves in Nearby Debris Disk
- The NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) supercomputer hosted a simulation of the planet and debris disk around the nearby star Beta Pictoris revealing that the planet's motion drives spiral waves throughout the disk, a phenomenon that causes collisions among the orbiting debris.
- 06.15.15 - Simulating the Interior Dynamics of Stars and Giant Exoplanets
- Groundbreaking simulations using NASA's Pleiades supercomputer reveal how internal magnetic forces can influence the behavior of exoplanets and stars.
- 06.09.15 - NASA Releases Detailed Global Climate Change Projections
- NASA has released data from 21 climate models showing how temperature and rainfall patterns worldwide may change through the year 2100 because of growing concentrations of greenhouse gases in Earth’s atmosphere.
- 05.21.15 - Influential NAS Parallel Benchmarks Paper Selected for SC15 Test of Time Award
- The Supercomputing Conference (SC15) Test of Time Award Committee has recognized the 1991 paper "The NAS Parallel Benchmarks - Summary and Preliminary Results." The benchmarks were developed in response to NASA's increasing involvement with massively parallel architectures and quickly became an industry standard.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS