+ Home > Request Computing Time > Announcements
- 06.22.21 - ARMD, HEOMD, NESC, SMD and STMD Time Requests Due July 20
- The Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (ARMD), the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD), the Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD), and the NASA Engineering and Safety Center (NESC) will select from computer time requests that are submitted to the HEC Request Management System (RMS)) by July 20, 2021 for allocation awards beginning October 1, 2021.
For work that is supported by NASA outside of ARMD, HEOMD, NESC, STMD, and SMD, you may renew your project(s) and apply for time under the MISC (miscellaneous) category. The MISC category does not have a share of HEC resources, and so requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis with no guarantee of an award of computer time.
Please submit a request:
Projects that are not renewed will be disabled on September 30, 2021.
- If your current project award expires on September 30, 2021, and you wish to continue the project;
- If your current project award has already expired and you wish to continue the project; or;
- If you have NASA funding for a new project that you wish to begin October 1, 2021.
See the Computing Systems Overview for information on HEC resources currently available.
As of February 2021, all Mission Directorates now use HEC RMS. Submit your request at: https://request.hec.nasa.gov/.
Note: If you have a current project, and previously used eBooks, your account was migrated. If you have not activated your migrated account, please contact email@example.com. Upon logging in to RMS, you will have the option to submit a request for a new project or continue any of your current awards.
When entering a continuation request, be sure to update the contract, grant, WBS #, Funding Manager, etc. Note that unused allocations do not carry over beyond the fiscal year of the award or the project award expiration date.
You will receive a HEC award notice before the start date for the award.
For questions on the allocation process or your specific project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 06.21.21 - HEC Request Management System Info Session June 28
- The HEC Request Management System (RMS) is a web-based management tool for requesting and managing computing allocations at NAS and NCCS. In Fall 2019, the NASA Science Mission Directorate (SMD) transitioned from eBooks to RMS. The remaining mission directorates were transitioned in February 2021. All users with active accounts and an FY21 request/allocation were migrated to the new system.
On Monday, June 28, 2021 from 1:30pm to 2:30pm EDT/10:30am to 11:30am PDT, we will host an RMS information session for new and migrated principal investigators (PIs). In this session, we will cover:
If you are new to RMS, or would like more information on the allocation process, we hope you will join us!
- An overview of the system
- What’s new in RMS
- Allocation cycle (important dates and terminology)
- Live demo
- Tips and Tricks
This meeting will be held using Microsoft Teams. If you do not already use Teams, we recommend installing it ahead of time. When it's time to join the meeting, copy and paste this link into your browser on your computer or mobile device.
Or call in (audio only):
Phone Conference ID: 818 492 842#
- 02.12.21 - Transition to RMS from eBooks for ARMD, HEOMD, STMD, NESC on February 26
- On February 26, the following Mission Directorates will transition from the eBooks web-based management tool for requesting and managing access to HEC resources to a new tool called the Request Management System (RMS): Aeronautics Mission Directorate (ARMD), Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD), Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD), and NASA Engineering and Safety Center (NESC). The Science Mission Directorate (SMD) transitioned to RMS in fall 2019.
Note the following important dates:
If you are a Principal Investigator (PI) or Co-Investigator (Co-I) with an existing eBooks request, your request and account information will be automatically migrated to RMS. You will receive an email from email@example.com containing instructions for activating your migrated account. Please note that your eBooks account password will not be retained and that you will need to establish a new password in RMS.
- February 19: REI eBooks will no longer be available. If you would like to download a copy of an existing request for your records, please do so before this date.
- February 26: RMS will open to all users. Update: This change occurred on February 23.
If you need help before February 26, please contact the Control Room at (800) 331-8737, (650) 604-4444.
Visit Expired Announcements