Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 02.12.21 - Transition to RMS from eBooks for ARMD, HEOMD, STMD, NESC on February 26
- On February 26, the following Mission Directorates will transition from the eBooks web-based management tool for requesting and managing access to HEC resources to a new tool called the Request Management System (RMS): Aeronautics Mission Directorate (ARMD), Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD), Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD), and NASA Engineering and Safety Center (NESC).
HEC NEEDS ASSESSMENT
- 01.19.21 - 2020 HEC Needs Assessment Report Now Available
- The NASA High-End Comuting (HEC) Needs Assessment report documents the HEC users’ needs raised during a virtual workshop that took place June 1–19, 2020 in terms of computing capacity, technology, services, human resources, and programmatic. The HEC Program will use the information to develop future investment and program implementation strategies.
- 04.15.21 - New NASA Visualization Probes the Light-bending Dance of Binary Black Holes
- A pair of orbiting black holes millions of times the Sun’s mass perform a hypnotic pas de deux in a new NASA visualization created at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 04.03.21 - COVID-19 Lockdown Effects on Climate Appear Limited and Short-Lived
- Initial results from a climate model intercomparison project suggest that the economic and social changes brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic won't provide any real climate benefits. NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) contributed results from their GISS ModelE, which runs at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 03.26.21 - NCCS Staff Spotlight: Mary Aronne
- Honoring Women's History Month, this spotlight focuses on Mary Aronne’s journey from visiting NASA Goddard as a child to working there today as a support scientist at the NCCS.
- 03.24.21 - GMAO Science Snapshots Focus on an Atmospheric River and Soil Moisture
- With NCCS support, NASA’s Global Modeling and Assimilation Office (GMAO) studied 1. the role of a rare atmospheric river in record floods across the Middle East and 2. the contributions of different types of observations to soil moisture data products.
- 03.16.21 - Using NAS-Developed Tools to Quiet the Boom of Supersonic Flight
- Researchers at the NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility are using in-house-developed tools to help NASA develop its innovative low-boom supersonic X-plane.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS