Delivering high-end computing systems and services to NASA's aeronautics, exploration, science, and space technology missions.
REQUESTING COMPUTING TIME AT NASA
If you are a NASA-sponsored scientist or engineer, computing time is available to you at the High-End Computing (HEC) Program's NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility and NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 03.14.18 – How Much Snow Accumulates in North America Each Year? More Than Scientists Thought
- Scientists at The Ohio State University have revised an estimate of snow volume for the entire continent, and discovered that snow accumulation in a typical year is 50% higher than previously thought. So far, they have used 1.8 million core-hours on NASA's Pleiades supercomputer and produced about 16 terabytes of data to run their regional climate computer models.
- 03.05.18 – Helping Keep Astronauts Safe with Advanced Simulations, Visualizations
- Cutting-edge simulations run on NASA's Pleiades supercomputer help engineers shape the final configuration of the Orion launch abort vehicle, designed to keep astronauts safe during launch.
- 02.22.18 - Active Winter Weather Forecasted Over North America Following a Major Stratospheric Sudden Warming Event
- In its routine 10-day forecasts, the global Goddard Earth Observing System forward processing (GEOS-FP) system successfully tracked the development of the first major mid-winter stratospheric sudden warming (SSW) event in 5 years. GEOS-FP runs 4 times per day at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 02.15.18 –‘Handyman Of Proteins’ Got Life Started
- Researchers at NASA Ames Research Center are running supercomputer simulations of hypothetical ancient proteins to better understand the origin and evolution of life in the Universe.
- 01.24.18 – Design Software Transforms How Commercial Jetliners Are Built
- The NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Division's award-winning Pegasus 5 modeling and simulation software is used by industry for the design and development of commercial aircraft and spacecraft. The story of Pegasus 5 is featured in the 2018 NASA Spinoff publication.
NASA Advanced Supercomputing (NAS) Facility
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD
USER QUICK LINKS