+ Home > User Information > Funding Opportunities
This page lists current NASA funding opportunities available to computational scientists and engineers, as well as past selections.
Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate (ARMD)
- Research Opportunities in Aeronautics – 2023 (ROA-2023)
- ROA-2023 solicits foundational and system-level research in support of the ARMD and covers a variety of topics in aeronautics fundamental research that are being pursued by NASA personnel.
- Release: Nov 01, 2022
- Close: Jan 31, 2024
- Research Opportunities in Aeronautics – 2021 (ROA-2021)
- ROA-2021 solicits foundational and system-level research in support of the ARMD and covers a variety of topics in aeronautics fundamental research that are being pursued by NASA personnel.
- Release: Sep 01, 2021
- Close: Jun 22, 2023
Science Mission Directorate (SMD)
- Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences (ROSES) – 2023
- ROSES-23 is an omnibus NASA Research Announcement containing more than 100 different proposal opportunities within SMD.
- Release: Feb 14, 2023
- Close: Mar 29, 2024
- Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences (ROSES) – 2022
- ROSES-22 is an omnibus NASA Research Announcement containing more than 100 different proposal opportunities within SMD.
- Release: Feb 14, 2022
- Close: Jul 25, 2023
Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD)
- Space Technology Research, Development, Demonstration, and Infusion-2023 (SpaceTech-REDDI-2023)
- STMD is dedicated to developing transformative, cross-cutting technologies that enable NASA’s missions while also supporting commercial and other government agencies’ needs where appropriate. The Space Technology account supports the Administration's priorities of developing new technologies to enable human and robotic exploration of the Moon, Mars, and beyond and enhancing research and development to contribute to U.S. leadership in space technology. Through STMD, NASA invests in high-risk, high-reward activities across the technology development spectrum through partnerships with academia, entrepreneurs, and small and large businesses.
- Release: Oct 01, 2022
- Close: Oct 31, 2023
More NASA Funding Opportunities
- NASA Research Opportunities
- The NASA Solicitation and Proposal Integrated Review and Evaluation System (NSPIRES) facilitates the search for NASA research opportunities across the entire agency.
- Computational Modeling Algorithms and Cyberinfrastructure 2017
- This program element invests in research and development activities to optimize the products and services at high-end computing (HEC) centers to increase the productivity of the users who use HEC to produce modeling products and the users who need to analyze the modeling results using the HEC resources. CMAC builds advanced modeling infrastructure used at NASA computing centers to support Earth system science investigations while fundamentally utilizing both models and data.
- Computational Modeling Algorithms and Cyberinfrastructure 2014
- This program element invests in technology developments to reduce the risk and cost of evolving NASA information systems to support future Earth system modeling efforts, including the integration of observational data into the model development, operations, and validation. The 2014 solicitation focuses on the information technologies and education activities required to enable and facilitate NASA’s Earth system modeling efforts.
- Computational Modeling Algorithms and Cyberinfrastructure 2011
- The 2011 solicitation focused on the computational technologies required to enable and facilitate the Modeling and Analysis Program and its supporting information systems.